Samstag, 11. August 2007

Sapa

Hi there,

here come now our (Arno's, Steve's Hanh's and my) impressions of Sapa in form of a picture album.
Sapa Picture Gallery

Sapa is a beautiful village in the north of Vietnam, a few Kilometers from the Chinese Border. The climate is refreshingly cool, which we all really appreciated after weeks of heat in Hanoi. Sapa is very hilly, actually having the highest mountain in southeast Asia (over 3400m). There are rivers, waterfalls, ricefields and a rich traditional culture stemming from the 5 ethnic minority groups that live there and still produce many of their beautiful multicolered textiles. (Much to the enjoyment of the local tourist industry).

We went there by train, which took us a whole night in a sleeping wagon. (which produced some rather funny moments and pictures ;) There, we had a tourguide who went with us on a small rocky path down the valley. The first day, after hiking around, we enjoyed cocktails in the afternoon and Apocalypse Now in the Evening. The second day we hiked even more, a few of us (I amongst them) got severely sunburnt, but the day was still marvellous. (Although we had to endure feeling like a tourist, normally pleasing our ego's with the idea that we - as volunteers - are more local and integrated.)

Yea and now I'm back and happy. We just watched Golden Eye ( a pirated Chinese copy in english, good quality though) and had dinner at the Italian place. Still can't believe I'll be leaving soon. Work is going well and some students already organised farewell events. I guess that's all for now.

CU all soon and have a nice day
David

8 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I just found myself doing sounds like uuuuhhh, wuuuuh... ;) stunning landscape, marvellous pictures! Vietnam seems to offer some of the most beautiful sites on earth. Just awesome.

greetings, Claudio

Anonym hat gesagt…

AWESOME!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

REALLY AWESOME!!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

AWESOME!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

hi David,
I hear you are nearly going home!
I have just looked at your photo's and karaoke video, it is so nice to see you all and to know you all had a very good time.
I hope you will have a good trip home!
best regards,
Edith (Stefan's mother)

upthereonhigh hat gesagt…

Dear "AWESOME", dear "REALLY AWESOME" (in case you're not the same), thank you for your kind consideration and evaluation. I appreciate it. ;)

Dear Edith,

thank you very much. I arrived safely home and now I'm missing everything over there already. Please say hello to Stefan for me, [actually maybe he will be reading this: Hello Stefan, how's stuff going? ;) well since I'm on it, Hello Arno and Hanh - I hope you're enjoying yourselves? When will me meet again?] I guess your son's having a great trip with Arno and Hanh now to Saigon, Cambodia and other places. I'm looking forward to pictures.

take care
David

Anonym hat gesagt…

You know who i am

in love

AWESOME

PS:
AWESOME and REALY AWESOME, that you are back. hope to see you soon

Anonym hat gesagt…

Dear David,
cold sunday today here in Toulouse. Feeling bored and thinking about last summer, ours. A bit nostalgic. Great trip. How is everything? Waiting to see u soon, maybe in January? I plan to go in norther europe for a week end in netherlands, maybe. I will tell u more when i know more! cheers,
hanh :)