Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007

Ba Vi

Hi everybody,

today we went to Ba Vi, a beautiful national Park surrounded by mountains. At 05:30 in the morning (things start early here, to avoid the heat)
we started with 3 buses, one for staff and volunteers from SJ Vietnam and 2 buses for young people with disabilities. On the way to Ba Vi, we passed a district at the outskirts of Hanoi, that I hadn't seen before. It's very new and modern, with wide roads, high office- and appartment buildings and hotels. Everywhere are construction sites. This is really a defining characteristic of Hanoi: Construction is everywhere. They build roads, Houses, they transport, buy and sell, bricks, wood, toilets, lambs, food, animals, pipes, and whatnot.

The National Park was amazing. It mainly consisted of a waterfall and a stream of water running down like terasses with large pools where people swim and children play. It's all surrounded by mountains and trees and people come there, bring food and drinks and spend a whole day. This is also what we did. Now I'm feeling a bit tired and I'm sitting here with Stefan and Arno, the guys from the Netherlands, in front of a fan at our laptops. I've also read a bit more of "The quiet American" by Graham Greene. Nice book up to now. Tomorrow I teach English again. That goes well, although I really have to spend time planning the classes so that the students learn something and it's fun at the same time. Not that easy. Last Friday, one of my classes took me out for Karaoke ;) They love rock balads, everyone here knows the Scorpions (Wind of Change) and Vietnamese don't have scruples singing "Jingle Bells" throughout the year. :D

I ate Pigeon (Taube) and Buffalo today. Good stuff. Anyway good night and cu soon. David

Keine Kommentare: